Rsu 24 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Rsu 24 School District serving 193 students in Prospect Harbor, Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Maine state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Rsu 24 School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Prospect Harbor Peninsula School71 Main Street
Prospect Harbor, ME 04669
Grades: PK-8 | 193 students
|School District Name||Rsu 24 School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||193|
|# of Teachers||17|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||88|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||105|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||167|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||21|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Rsu 24 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 160 school districts in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has decreased from 83% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,675 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,433. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,037 is less than the state average of $16,255. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$37 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$38 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,675||$16,433|
|Spending / Student||$15,037||$16,255|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.