- Peninsula School's student population of 172 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peninsula School is ranked within the top 50% of all 526 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#169 out of 526 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 24 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Steuben Ella Lewis School Grades: PK-8 | 113 students
15 Old Village Road
Steuben, ME 04680
(207)546-2430 8.0 PK-8 113
- Sullivan Sumner Memorial High School Grades: 9-12 | 230 students
2456 Us Hwy 1
Sullivan, ME 04664
(207)422-3510 10.1 9-12 230
- Milbridge Milbridge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
39 Washington Street
Milbridge, ME 04658
(207)546-2210 11.2 PK-6 128
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.