Jonesport-beals High School
Jonesport-beals High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Jonesport-beals High School's student population of 78 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jonesport-beals High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#173 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Moosabec Csd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jonesport Jonesport Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
139 Snare Creek Ln
Jonesport, ME 04649
(207) 497-2830 0.1 PK-8 129
- Beals Beals Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 63 students
24 Mill Pond Rd
Beals, ME 04611
(207) 497-5449 2.7 PK-8 63
- Addison Daniel W Merritt School Grades: PK-6 | 96 students
518 Indian River Road
Addison, ME 04606
(207) 483-2229 6.5 PK-6 96
- Jonesboro Jonesboro Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
57 School Road
Jonesboro, ME 04648
(207) 434-2602 7.0 PK-8 60
- Harrington Harrington Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 149 students
1227 Us Highway 1a
Harrington, ME 04643
(207) 483-6681 10.2 PK-6 149
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.