Machias Memorial High School
Machias Memorial High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Machias Memorial High School's student population of 112 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Machias Memorial High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#501 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Machias School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Machias Rose M Gaffney School Grades: PK-8 | 367 students
15 Rose Gaffney Rd
Machias, ME 04654
(207)255-3411 0.1 PK-8 367
- Machias Coastal Wash City Institutional Of Technical
1 Bulldog Lane
Machias, ME 04654
(207)255-3812 1.4 n/a n/a
- East Machias Elm Street School-east Machias Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
38 Jacksonville Road
East Machias, ME 04630
(207)255-8692 4.3 PK-8 204
- Machiasport Fort O'brien School Grades: PK-8 | 46 students
492 Port Road
Machiasport, ME 04655
(207)255-4575 5.1 PK-8 46
- Jonesboro Jonesboro Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
57 School Road
Jonesboro, ME 04648
(207)434-2602 6.9 PK-8 60
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.