Ella Lewis School
Ella Lewis School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Ella Lewis School's student population of 111 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ella Lewis School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#423 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 24 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milbridge Milbridge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 118 students
39 Washington Street
Milbridge, ME 04658
(207)546-2210 4.0 PK-6 118
- Cherryfield Cherryfield Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 126 students
85 School Street
Cherryfield, ME 04622
(207)546-7949 6.4 PK-8 126
- Prospect Harbor Peninsula School Grades: PK-8 | 182 students
71 Main Street
Prospect Harbor, ME 04669
(207)963-2003 8.0 PK-8 182
- Harrington Narraguagus High School Grades: 7-12 | 280 students
1611 Main Street
Harrington, ME 04643
(207)483-2746 9.5 7-12 280
- Harrington Harrington Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 141 students
1227 Us Highway 1a
Harrington, ME 04643
(207)483-6681 9.9 PK-6 141
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.