Milbridge Elementary School
Milbridge Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Milbridge Elementary School's student population of 111 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Milbridge Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 525 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#326 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherryfield School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Steuben Ella Lewis School Grades: PK-8 | 117 students
15 Old Village Road
Steuben, ME 04680
(207)546-2430 4.0 PK-8 117
- Cherryfield Cherryfield Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
85 School Street
Cherryfield, ME 04622
(207)546-7949 5.3 PK-8 132
- Harrington Harrington Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 141 students
1227 Us Highway 1a
Harrington, ME 04643
(207)483-6681 6.3 PK-6 141
- Harrington Narraguagus Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 288 students
1611 Main Street
Harrington, ME 04643
(207)483-2746 6.5 7-12 288
- Addison Daniel W Merritt School Grades: PK-6 | 114 students
518 Indian River Road
Addison, ME 04606
(207)483-2229 10.6 PK-6 114
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.