Cherryfield Elementary School
- Cherryfield Elementary School's student population of 132 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cherryfield Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 525 schools in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#395 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherryfield School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrington Narraguagus Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 288 students
1611 Main Street
Harrington, ME 04643
(207)483-2746 4.6 7-12 288
- Milbridge Milbridge Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 111 students
39 Washington Street
Milbridge, ME 04658
(207)546-2210 5.3 PK-6 111
- Harrington Harrington Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 141 students
1227 Us Highway 1a
Harrington, ME 04643
(207)483-6681 6.0 PK-6 141
- Steuben Ella Lewis School Grades: PK-8 | 117 students
15 Old Village Road
Steuben, ME 04680
(207)546-2430 6.4 PK-8 117
- Addison Daniel W Merritt School Grades: PK-6 | 114 students
518 Indian River Road
Addison, ME 04606
(207)483-2229 10.9 PK-6 114
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.