Manor Woods Elementary School
Manor Woods Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Manor Woods Elementary School's student population of 759 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||759 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Manor Woods Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#106 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County Public Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Friendship West Friendship Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 326 students
12500 Frederick Road
West Friendship, MD 21794
(410)313-5512 1.8 K-5 326
- Marriottsville Marriotts Ridge High School Grades: 9-12 | 1261 students
12100 Woodford Dr
Marriottsville, MD 21104
(410)313-5568 2.2 9-12 1261
- Ellicott City Waverly Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 766 students
10220 Wetherburn Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410)313-2819 2.6 PK-5 766
- Ellicott City Centennial Lane Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 739 students
3825 Centennial Ln
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410)313-2800 3.5 K-5 739
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.