Ilchester Elementary School
Ilchester Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Ilchester Elementary School's student population of 654 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||654 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ilchester Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#55 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkridge Rockburn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 735 students
6145 Montgomery Rd
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410) 313-5030 1.4 PK-5 735
- Ellicott City Howard High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,912 student
8700 Old Annapolis Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
(410) 313-2867 2.2 9-12 1,912
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.