Mayfield Woods Middle School
- Mayfield Woods Middle School's student population of 712 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||712 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mayfield Woods Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#605 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellicott City Bellows Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 822 students
8125 Old Stockbridge Dr
Ellicott City, MD 21043
(410) 313-5057 0.3 PK-5 822
- Elkridge Deep Run Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 837 students
6925 Old Waterloo Rd
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410) 313-5000 0.8 PK-5 837
- Elkridge Rockburn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 735 students
6145 Montgomery Rd
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410) 313-5030 1.5 PK-5 735
- Columbia Long Reach High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,632 student
6101 Old Dobbin Ln
Columbia, MD 21045
(410) 313-7117 1.6 9-12 1,632
Good school, nice teachers.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Dylon Clarke
My daughter was re-districted to this school for her 8th grade year. I heard more stories from her about drugs in school, violence then I did her two years of middle school previously. I found the teachers unresponsive to emails as I am very active on ASPEN and always inquire about bad grades or missed assignments. I found events attended at the school to be haphazardly put together no sense of pride or enthusiasm from the staff. I found this school to be a complete disappointment and was sorry my daughter had to spend her last year here.
- Posted by Parent - lizwa
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.