Mount View Middle School
Mount View Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Mount View Middle School's student population of 819 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||819 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount View Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#65 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marriottsville Marriotts Ridge High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,332 student
12100 Woodford Dr
Marriottsville, MD 21104
(410) 313-5568 0.0 9-12 1,332
- West Friendship West Friendship Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 327 students
12500 Frederick Road
West Friendship, MD 21794
(410) 313-5512 1.4 K-5 327
- Ellicott City Manor Woods Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 794 students
11575 Frederick Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410) 313-7165 2.2 K-5 794
- Ellicott City Waverly Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 770 students
10220 Wetherburn Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410) 313-2819 3.8 PK-5 770
Mount View Middle School is amazing. I am currently attending in 6th grade. Sure the lockers are small, but there is a very friendly environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kammi
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.