Marcus Whitman-cowiche Elementary School
Marcus Whitman-cowiche Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Marcus Whitman-cowiche Elementary School's student population of 361 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marcus Whitman-cowiche Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#981 out of 2,014 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||19:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Highland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tieton Tieton Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 280 students
711 Franklin Rd
Tieton, WA 98947
(509)673-3141 0.5 4-6 280
- Cowiche Highland High School Grades: 9-12 | 345 students
Cowiche, WA 98923
(509)678-7268 1.2 9-12 345
- Naches Naches Valley Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 509 students
151 Bonlow Drive
Naches, WA 98937
(509)966-5050 4.6 K-4 509
- Yakima Mountainview Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 176 students
830 Stone Rd
Yakima, WA 98908
(509)965-2070 4.8 K-4 176
- Naches Naches Valley Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 397 students
32 Shafer Avenue
Naches, WA 98937
(509)653-2725 4.9 5-8 397
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how transition programs can ease the difficult student transition between middle school and high school.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.