Marie B. Riviere Elementary School
- Marie B. Riviere Elementary School's student population of 538 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||538 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marie B. Riviere Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#244 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Metairie Academy For Advanced Studies Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
201 Metairie Road
Metairie, LA 70005
(504)833-5539 2.4 PK-5 378
- Metairie Grace King High School Grades: 9-12 | 1473 students
4301 Grace King Place
Metairie, LA 70002
(504)888-7334 2.6 9-12 1473
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.