Marie Gatton Phillips Elementary School
Marie Gatton Phillips Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Marie Gatton Phillips Elementary School's student population of 121 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marie Gatton Phillips Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,258 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#311 out of 1258 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mclean County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bremen Bremen Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 401 students
5000 Main St
Bremen, KY 42325
(270)525-6686 4.0 PK-5 401
- Calhoun Calhoun Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 352 students
755 Main St
Calhoun, KY 42327
(270)273-3264 8.7 PK-5 352
- Livermore Livermore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 280 students
110 Eighth St
Livermore, KY 42352
(270)278-2522 8.9 PK-5 280
- Madisonville Hopkins County Day Treatment Grades: 6-12 | 6 students
110 Sugg Street
Madisonville, KY 42431
(270)825-6059 9.2 6-12 6
- Calhoun Mclean County High School Grades: 9-12 | 479 students
1859 Hwy 136 E
Calhoun, KY 42327
(270)273-5278 9.4 9-12 479
Nearby Homes for Sale
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.