Marked Tree Elementary School
Marked Tree Elementary School serves 278 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Marked Tree Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is approximately equal to the Arkansas state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 40% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 278 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 36%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Marked Tree Elementary School's student population of 278 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Marked Tree Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 998 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Marked Tree Elementary School is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#264 out of 998 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Review Marked Tree Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.