Marley Glen School
- Marley Glen School's student population of 104 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||104 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marley Glen School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has increased from 4:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glen Burnie Marley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 715 students
715 Cooper Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
(410)222-6414 0.3 PK-5 715
- Glen Burnie Woodside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 335 students
160 Funke Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
(410)222-6910 1.2 PK-5 335
- Glen Burnie Glendale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 420 students
105 Carroll Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
(410)222-6404 1.5 PK-5 420
Can't say enough wonderful things about this school! The Teachers and staff are truly dedicated to the cause. The Principal here runs a tight ship and we couldn't be more grateful and proud to have our Grandson attending Marley Glen.
- Posted by Parent - Kim Lowe
A+ for AACPS special education programs! My son started attending Marley Glen at 3 y/o, after attending the 0-2 y/o program at Point Pleasant Elementary Infant and Toddler's program. Can't say enough good things about both schools! Infant and Toddler's laid a solid foundation, Marley Glen has continued the great job. My son's ECI teacher, Ms. Robin is kind and attentive and takes a earnest effort to get to know each child. My son has been gaining new skills in the few months he's been there. Heartfelt thanks to all the staff at Marley Glen!!
- Posted by Parent - Danny'smom
My 3 year old daughter who is enrolled in Ms Nikkis ECI class has progressed in leaps and bounds. The staff is great and the enviornment is accepting and motivating for the students. I would highly recomend this school to other parents.
- Posted by Parent - styli
This is the best school any parent of a special needs child could ask for. The staff is excellent and so caring! I couldn't be happier!!
- Posted by Parent - BethC
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.