Freetown Elementary School
- Freetown Elementary School's student population of 512 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Freetown Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#976 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anne Arundel County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Freetown Elementary School is Marley Glen School (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glen Burnie Marley Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 846 students
715 Cooper Rd
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
(410) 222-6414 1.1 PK-5 846
- Pasadena George Fox Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 823 students
7922 Outing Ave
Pasadena, MD 21122
(410) 437-5512 1.7 6-8 823
- Pasadena Pasadena Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 382 students
401 East Pasadena Rd
Pasadena, MD 21122
(410) 222-6573 2.0 K-5 382
I am now in middle school. I went to Freetown last year and I was new at the school. The staff and students made me feel welcomed. I miss this place very much!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jasmine
I went to this school and now I'm crying to leave u will absolutely LOVE this school there's no doubt about it they have so many extra activities it's amayzing and they make sure the kids are healthy and have time for them selfs there is a place for everyone to feel safe
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Neveah
We love this school! The teachers are extraordinary. My children have grown leaps and bounds under their guidance. The new school provides a lot of technology for the children, including SMART boards in every room. The school also receives many wonderful programs that are free.
- Posted by Parent - Mcnik
Freetown Elementary is a wonderful school with a great staff! My girls love the extra activities and are always learning something new! The new school is quite advanced with regards to technology and very accomodating. Your kids will love this school!
- Posted by Parent - blawr
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.