Marlinton Middle School
- Marlinton Middle School's student population of 143 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marlinton Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pocahontas County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marlinton Marlinton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 262 students
926 Fifth Avenue
Marlinton, WV 24954
(304)799-6551 1.7 PK-5 262
- Hillsboro Hillsboro Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 82 students
Hc 64 Box 399
Hillsboro, WV 24946
(304)653-4221 6.9 PK-5 82
- Dunmore Pocahontas County High School Grades: 9-12 | 324 students
Route 1 Box 133a
Dunmore, WV 24934
(304)799-6565 11.5 9-12 324
- White Sulphur Springs Anthony Center Grades: 9-12
Hc 70 Route 92, Box N-1
White Sulphur Springs, WV 24986
(304)536-4151 16.4 9-12 n/a
- Hot Springs Bath County High School Grades: 8-12 | 222 students
464 Charger Lane
Hot Springs, VA 24445
(540)839-2431 20.7 8-12 222
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.