Marshall Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Marshall Academy's student population of 121 students has declined by 60% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 24% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marshall Academy's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2782 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harrisburg City SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Harrisburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 1055 students
2451 Market St
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717)703-4300 0.3 9-12 1055
- Harrisburg Melrose School Grades: K-4 | 604 students
2041 Berryhill St
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717)703-1440 0.6 K-4 604
- Harrisburg Scott School Grades: K-4 | 526 students
1900 Derry Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717)703-4560 0.8 K-4 526
- Harrisburg Paxtang Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 260 students
3530 Rutherford St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717)561-1781 0.9 K-5 260
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.