Paxtang Elementary School
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Paxtang Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Paxtang Elementary School's student population of 266 students has grown by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Paxtang Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Paxtang Elementary School is Central Dauphin School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Central Dauphin School District's student population of 11,168 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,642 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,562 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|School District Name||Central Dauphin School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||11,168||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$160 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$149 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,642||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$13,562||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisburg Marshall Academy Grades: 5-8 | 99 students
301 Hale Ave
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717)703-1400 0.9 5-8 99
- Harrisburg Harrisburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 1169 students
2451 Market St
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717)703-4300 1.2 9-12 1169
- Harrisburg Lawnton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 236 students
4400 Franklin St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717)558-9430 1.2 K-5 236
- Harrisburg Melrose School Grades: K-8 | 625 students
2041 Berryhill St
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717)703-1440 1.3 K-8 625
- Harrisburg Susquehanna Township Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 577 students
801 Wood St
Harrisburg, PA 17109
(717)657-5125 1.3 6-8 577
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.