Martin Elementary School
Martin Elementary School serves 444 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Martin Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 444 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Martin Elementary School's student population of 444 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 31 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Martin Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Martin Elementary School is 0.02, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#1430 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Review Martin Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.