Kent County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Kent County School District serving 1,868 students in Galena, Maryland.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Maryland state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Kent County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Galena Galena Elementary School114 S Main Street
Galena, MD 21635
Grades: PK-5 | 171 students
- Chestertown H. H. Garnett Elementary School320 Calvert St
Chestertown, MD 21620
Grades: PK-5 | 256 students
- Worton Kent County High School25301 Lambs Meadow Rd
Worton, MD 21678
Grades: 9-12 | 566 students
- Rock Hall Rock Hall Elementary School21203 Sharp St
Rock Hall, MD 21661
Grades: PK-5 | 167 students
- Worton Worton Elementary School11085 Worton Rd
Worton, MD 21678
Grades: PK-5 | 261 students
|School District Name||Kent County School District|
|# of Schools||6|
|# of Students||1,868|
|# of Teachers||142|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13|
|# of Male Students||888|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||980|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||12|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||120|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||430|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,176|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||125|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||96|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||135|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||129|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Kent County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,889 is higher than the state average of $16,454. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,716 is higher than the state average of $16,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MD)|
|Total Revenue||$36 MM||$295 MM|
|Spending||$36 MM||$298 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,889||$16,454|
|Spending / Student||$16,716||$16,634|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.