Blackstone-Millville School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 4 public elementary schools in Blackstone-Millville School District, serving 1,306 students. Public elementary schools in Blackstone-Millville School District have an average math proficiency score of 41% (versus the Massachusetts public elementary school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 44% (versus the 52% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public elementary school average of 42% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is equal to the Massachusetts public elementary school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Blackstone-Millville School District|
|School District Website||http://www.bmrsd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(508) 883-4400|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,396 Schools|
|# of Students||1,306 Students||639,975 Students|
|# of Teachers||97 Teachers||48,405 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
- Blackstone-Millville School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 345 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#293 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||1,418 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||12 Students||44,525 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||80 Students||136,672 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18 Students||61,197 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,137 Students||370,245 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||524 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||58 Students||25,369 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60||20,211|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||129||63,302|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||121||68,019|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||159||68,249|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||129||70,066|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||133||72,164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||149||72,391|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||130||71,172|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||141||60,045|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||155||58,596|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||4,825|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||4,116|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||3,590|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||3,177|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||52|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,062 in this school district is less than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,462 is less than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$28 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,062||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$15,462||$18,839|
Blackstone-Millville School District Public Elementary Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- A F Maloney 200 Lincoln Street
Blackstone, MA 01504
Grades: 3-5 | 299 students
- Frederick W. Hartnett Middle School 35 Federal Street
Blackstone, MA 01504
Grades: 6-8 | 426 students
- Millville Elementary School 122 Berthelette Way
Millville, MA 01529
Grades: PK-5 | 285 students
- John F Kennedy Elementary School200 Lincoln Street
Blackstone, MA 01504
Grades: K-2 | 296 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.