Edward M. Kennedy Academy for Health Careers (Horace Mann Ch School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Edward M. Kennedy Academy for Health Careers (Horace Mann Ch School District serving 359 students in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Massachusetts state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Edward M. Kennedy Academy for Health Careers (Horace Mann Ch School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Boston Edward M. Kennedy Academy For Health Careers (horace Mann Ch 360 Huntington Avenue, C/o 102
Boston, MA 02115
Grades: 9-12 | 359 students
|School District Name||Edward M. Kennedy Academy for Health Careers (Horace Mann Ch School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||359 students|
|# of Teachers||29 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||122 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||237 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||168 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||160 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||16 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||87|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Edward M. Kennedy Academy for Health Careers (Horace Mann Ch School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.