Groton-Dunstable School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Groton-Dunstable School District, serving 63 students. public preschool in Groton-Dunstable School District have a diversity score of 0.36, which is less than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 0.65.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Groton-Dunstable School District|
|School District Website||http://www.gdrsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(978) 448-5505|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||513 Schools|
|# of Students||63 Students||195,337 Students|
|# of Teachers||4 Teachers||14,597 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 98% has increased from 96% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#79 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||450 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||11,985 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||51,002 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||22,147 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||50 Students||101,207 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||150 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||8,389 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||63||29,163|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||31,729|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||28,874|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||26,381|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||23,740|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||21,827|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||18,090|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||7,618|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||3,654|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||3,708|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||182|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||132|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||127|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||111|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,180 in this school district is less than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,420 is less than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$46 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$42 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,180||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$17,420||$18,839|
Groton-Dunstable School District Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Boutwell School78 Hollis Street
Groton, MA 01450
Grades: PK | 63 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?