Provincetown School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Provincetown School District, serving 120 students. Provincetown School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Massachusetts.
- Public school in Provincetown School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus the Massachusetts public school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 57% (versus the 57% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 48% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Massachusetts public school average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Provincetown School District|
|School District Website||http://www.provincetownschools.com|
|School District Phone Number||(508) 487-5000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,854 Schools|
|# of Students||120 Students||953,660 Students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teachers||73,118 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||13:1|
- Provincetown School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 403 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#319 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Graduation Rate (12-13)||≥50%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,100 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||65,565 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 Students||191,095 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||31 Students||86,283 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||62 Students||573,115 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||812 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 Students||34,581 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18||30,418|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7||65,872|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||12||68,019|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||15||68,249|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||12||70,066|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18||72,164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||8||72,391|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10||71,172|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10||70,843|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10||71,876|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||76,601|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||73,016|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||71,748|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||70,028|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,197|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $56,467 is higher than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $51,233 is higher than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has grown by 8% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$56,467||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$51,233||$18,839|
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?