Top Placements (Florida)
Mast Academy is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mast Academy's student population of 1142 students has grown by 69% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has grown by 51% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,142 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mast Academy is ranked within the top 5% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Mast Academy is Dade School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dade School District's student population of 357,931 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,356 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||357,931||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$3,443 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$3,669 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,356||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Key Biscayne Amikids Miami-dade South Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
1820 Arthur Lamb Jr Rd
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305)363-6160 1.4 6-12 60
- Miami Southside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 769 students
45 Sw 13th St
Miami, FL 33130
(305)371-3311 2.3 PK-5 769
- Miami Beach South Pointe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 582 students
1050 4th St
Miami Beach, FL 33139
(305)531-5437 3.0 PK-5 582
- Miami Mater Academy East Charter Grades: PK-5 | 603 students
450 Sw 4th St
Miami, FL 33130
(305)324-4667 3.1 PK-5 603
- Miami New World School Of Arts Grades: 9-12 | 504 students
25 Ne 2nd St
Miami, FL 33132
(305)237-3135 3.1 9-12 504