Mcbain Elementary School
- Mcbain Elementary School's student population of 458 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||458 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mcbain Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#689 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||McBain Rural Agricultural s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Mcbain Elementary School is Mcbain Jr/sr High School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mc Bain Mcbain Jr/sr High School Grades: 6-12 | 551 students
107 East Maple St
Mc Bain, MI 49657
(231)825-2412 0.0 6-12 551
- Marion Marion Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 212 students
510 West Main St
Marion, MI 49665
(231)743-6251 7.0 K-5 212
- Marion Marion High School Grades: 6-12 | 260 students
2213 20 Mile Rd
Marion, MI 49665
(231)743-2836 7.5 6-12 260
- Cadillac Franklin Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 415 students
505 Lester St
Cadillac, MI 49601
(231)876-5200 9.5 K-4 415
- Lake City Lake City Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 257 students
5534 West Davis Rd
Lake City, MI 49651
(231)839-7163 9.5 6-8 257
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.