Mckinley Elementary School
Mckinley Elementary School serves 238 students in grades 2-3.
Mckinley Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 55-59% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 37%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Kansas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Kansas state average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
Mckinley Elementary School's student population of 238 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mckinley Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,267 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Mckinley Elementary School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#190 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KS Dept. of Education
Review Mckinley Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.