Meadows Elementary School
Meadows Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Meadows Elementary School's student population of 548 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meadows Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#884 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Topeka Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Topeka Topeka High School Grades: 9-12 | 1856 students
800 Sw 10th St
Topeka, KS 66612
(785)295-3150 0.9 9-12 1856
- Topeka Lowman Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 319 students
1101 Sw Garfield Ave
Topeka, KS 66604
(785)235-7060 1.1 PK-5 319
- Topeka Capital City Grades: 6-12 | 113 students
500 Sw Tuffy Kellog Dr
Topeka, KS 66606
(785)295-3600 1.3 6-12 113
- Topeka Williams Science And Fine Arts Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 585 students
1301 Se Monroe St
Topeka, KS 66612
(785)235-7330 1.5 PK-5 585
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.