Scott Dual Language Magnet
Scott Dual Language Magnet places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Scott Dual Language Magnet's student population of 485 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||485 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Scott Dual Language Magnet's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#1070 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Topeka Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Topeka State Street Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 508 students
500 Ne Sumner St
Topeka, KS 66616
(785)235-7280 0.8 PK-5 508
- Topeka Chase Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 455 students
2250 Ne State St
Topeka, KS 66616
(785)295-3840 0.9 6-8 455
- Hutchinson Topeka Correctional Facility Grades: Inquire with school
815 Se Rice Road
Hutchinson, KS 67504
(620)662-6997 1.4 Inquire with school n/a
- Topeka Williams Science And Fine Arts Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 585 students
1301 Se Monroe St
Topeka, KS 66612
(785)235-7330 1.5 PK-5 585
- Topeka Highland Park High School Grades: 9-12 | 876 students
2424 Se California Ave
Topeka, KS 66605
(785)274-6000 1.7 9-12 876
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.