Highland Park High School
Highland Park High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Highland Park High School's student population of 863 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 71 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||863 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||71 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Park High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1240 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Topeka School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Topeka Highland Park Central Grades: K-5 | 348 students
2717 Se Illinois Ave
Topeka, KS 66605
(785) 235-7000 0.6 K-5 348
- Topeka Ross Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 611 students
1400 Se 34th St
Topeka, KS 66605
(785) 274-6280 1.3 PK-5 611
- Topeka Scott Dual Language Magnet Grades: PK-5 | 504 students
401 Se Market St
Topeka, KS 66607
(785) 235-7480 1.7 PK-5 504
- Topeka Williams Science And Fine Arts Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 555 students
1301 Se Monroe St
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 235-7330 1.7 PK-5 555
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?