Meriwether Lewis Elementary School
Meriwether Lewis Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Meriwether Lewis Elementary School's student population of 432 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meriwether Lewis Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#297 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Albemarle County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Virginia L. Murray Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 266 students
3251 Morgantown Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 977-4599 1.7 PK-5 266
- Charlottesville Charlottesville Hosp. Ep. Grades: PK-12
Kluge Children's Rehab Center,
Charlottesville, VA 22908
(434) 924-5437 4.8 PK-12 n/a
- Charlottesville Jack Jouett Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 559 students
210 Lambs Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 975-9320 5.0 6-8 559
- Charlottesville Mary Carr Greer Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 675 students
190 Lambs Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 973-8371 5.1 PK-5 675
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.