Buchanan Community School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public high schools managed by Buchanan Community School District serving 631 students in Buchanan, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Buchanan Community School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Buchanan Buchanan High School401 West Chicago St
Buchanan, MI 49107
Grades: 8-12 | 547 students
- Buchanan Buchanan Step Up 401 West Chicago Street
Buchanan, MI 49107
Grades: K-12 | 28 students
- Buchanan Buchanan Virtual Academy401 W Chicago St
Buchanan, MI 49107
Grades: 5-12 | 56 students
|School District Name||Buchanan Community School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,565 students|
|# of Teachers||88 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||765 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||800 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||12 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||53 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||65 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,338 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||93 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||109|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||128|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||128|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Buchanan Community School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,597 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,538 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,597||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$9,538||$12,533|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.