Shiawassee Regional ESD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Shiawassee Regional ESD School District serving 165 students in Owosso, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Shiawassee Regional ESD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Owosso Shiawassee Resd - Student Learning Center - West 2261 South M 52
Owosso, MI 48867
Grades: K-12 | 165 students
|School District Name||Shiawassee Regional ESD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||165 students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
|# of Male Students||113 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||52 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||150 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||8|
|# of Ungraded Students:||29|
- Shiawassee Regional ESD School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $47,643 is higher than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $46,947 is higher than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$47,643||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$46,947||$12,533|
We explore a new concept in on Massachusetts high school, where students choose their curriculum, homework assignments and classroom structure.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.