Voyageur Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Voyageur Academy School District serving 1,195 students in Detroit, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Voyageur Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,195 students|
|# of Teachers||46 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
|# of Male Students||571 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||624 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||245 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||893 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||46 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||75|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||100|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||135|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||106|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||104|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||99|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Voyageur Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,667 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $7,497 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,667||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$7,497||$12,533|