Midway Middle School
- Midway Middle School's student population of 617 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||617 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Midway Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#897 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sampson County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dunn Midway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
15375 Spiveys Corner Highway
Dunn, NC 28334
(910)567-2244 2.3 PK-5 435
- Newton Grove Midway High School Grades: 9-12 | 764 students
15274 Spiveys Corner Highway
Newton Grove, NC 28366
(910)567-6664 3.3 9-12 764
- Dunn Plain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 376 students
4140 Plain View Hwy
Dunn, NC 28334
(910)891-4354 4.8 PK-5 376
- Autryville Clement Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 386 students
3220 Maxwell Rd
Autryville, NC 28318
(910)567-2112 5.3 PK-5 386
- Wade District No 7 Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 261 students
5721 Smithfield Road
Wade, NC 28395
(910)483-0001 9.7 PK-5 261
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.