Milan Elementary School
Milan Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Milan Elementary School's student population of 820 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||820 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Milan Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#129 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Milan School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milan Milan Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 604 students
4040 Middle Rd
Milan, TN 38358
(731)686-7232 0.6 5-8 604
- Milan Milan High School Grades: 9-12 | 641 students
7060 Van Hook Street East
Milan, TN 38358
(731)686-0841 1.8 9-12 641
- Medina Medina Middle School Grades: 3-8 | 1148 students
1300 Middle School St
Medina, TN 38355
(731)783-1962 8.3 3-8 1148
- Trezevant West Carroll Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 279 students
100 Harber St
Trezevant, TN 38258
(731)669-3851 9.1 3-6 279
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.