Mill Creek Elementary School
Mill Creek Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mill Creek Elementary School's student population of 205 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mill Creek Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#361 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Elk Rapids Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Traverse City Woodland School Grades: K-8 | 217 students
7224 Supply Rd
Traverse City, MI 49686
(231) 947-7474 5.7 K-8 217
- Rapid City Rapid City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 92 students
5258 River Road
Rapid City, MI 49676
(231) 331-6121 6.9 PK-5 92
- Traverse City Courtade Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 284 students
1111 Rasho Rd
Traverse City, MI 49686
(231) 933-5800 7.3 PK-5 284
- Elk Rapids Cherryland Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 327 students
707 East 3rd St
Elk Rapids, MI 49629
(231) 264-8991 8.4 6-8 327
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.