Millard Fillmore Elementary School
- Millard Fillmore Elementary School's student population of 499 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||499 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Millard Fillmore Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3134 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Moravia Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Millard Fillmore Elementary School is Moravia Junior-senior High School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Moravia Moravia Junior-senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 470 students
68 S Main St
Moravia, NY 13118
(315)497-2670 0.2 6-12 470
- Groton Groton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 408 students
516 Elm St
Groton, NY 13073
(607)898-5853 8.7 PK-5 408
- Aurora Southern Cayuga Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 346 students
2384 Rt 34b
Aurora, NY 13026
(315)364-7098 10.2 PK-6 346
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.