Miller Elementary School
Miller Elementary School serves 861 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Miller Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Kansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 51% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 38% (which is higher than the Kansas state average of 37%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Kansas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Kansas state average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
Miller Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Miller Elementary School's student population of 861 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Miller Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,267 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Miller Elementary School is 0.24, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KS)
Overall Testing Rank
#369 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KS Dept. of Education
Review Miller Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.