DENT-PHELPS R-III School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by DENT-PHELPS R-III School District serving 249 students in Salem, Missouri.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Missouri state average of 28%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
DENT-PHELPS R-III School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Salem Dent-phelps Elementary School27870 Hwy C
Salem, MO 65560
Grades: PK-8 | 249 students
|School District Name||DENT-PHELPS R-III School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||249 students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||134 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||115 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||243 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||21|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||21|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||26|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- DENT-PHELPS R-III School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 552 school districts in Missouri (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MO)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,357 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,971. The school district revenue/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,302 is less than the state average of $10,157. The school district spending/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MO)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,357||$9,971|
|Spending / Student||$8,302||$10,157|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.