- Mount Vernon's student population of 94 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mount Vernon's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has decreased from 4:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#2451 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wake County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Athens Drive High School Grades: 9-12 | 1934 students
1420 Athens Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
(919)233-4050 1.4 9-12 1934
- Raleigh Wake Stem Early College High School Grades: 9-13 | 257 students
715 Barbour Dr
Raleigh, NC 27603
(919)515-2255 1.9 9-13 257
- Raleigh Olds Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
204 Dixie Trail
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919)856-7699 2.4 PK-5 325
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.