Combs Elementary School
Combs Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Combs Elementary School's student population of 893 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||893 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Combs Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#247 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wake County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Athens Drive High School Grades: 9-12 | 1907 students
1420 Athens Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
(919)233-4050 0.6 9-12 1907
- Raleigh Wake Stem Early College High School Grades: 9-13 | 249 students
715 Barbour Dr
Raleigh, NC 27603
(919)852-3374 1.2 9-13 249
- Raleigh Ncvps
1017 Main Campus Dr, Partners
Raleigh, NC 27606
(919)513-8550 1.3 n/a n/a
- Raleigh Mount Vernon Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 97 students
5418 Chapel Hill Rd
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919)233-4313 1.5 K-8 97
This school is filled with loving adults and happy kids!!! Learning is relevant, focused, and fun! No wonder Combs has been named the #1 magnet school in the country TWICE! My children are so blessed to go to this school!
- Posted by Parent - blove
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.