Mountain Island Lake Academy
Mountain Island Lake Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mountain Island Lake Academy's student population of 912 students has grown by 37% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 47% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||912 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mountain Island Lake Academy's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1323 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlotte-Mecklenburg s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Paw Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 540 students
1300 Cathey Rd
Charlotte, NC 28214
(980)343-6088 1.6 PK-5 540
- Charlotte Allenbrook Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 552 students
1430 Allenbrook Dr
Charlotte, NC 28208
(980)343-6004 3.4 K-5 552
- Huntersville Trillium Springs Montessori Grades: PK-5 | 162 students
9213 Beatties Ford Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078
(980)343-9442 3.6 PK-5 162
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.