Muncie Central High School
- Muncie Central High School's student population of 1,370 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 91 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,370 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||91 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Muncie Central High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1605 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Muncie Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Muncie East Washington Academy Grades: PK-5 | 490 students
1000 E Washington
Muncie, IN 47305
(765)747-5434 0.7 PK-5 490
- Muncie Burris Laboratory School Grades: K-12 | 670 students
2000 University Ave
Muncie, IN 47306
(765)285-8600 1.2 K-12 670
- Muncie Longfellow Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 333 students
1900 E Centennial
Muncie, IN 47303
(765)747-5410 1.2 K-5 333
- Muncie Indiana Academy For Sci Math Hmn Grades: 10-12 | 321 students
Bsu - 301 N Talley Avenue
Muncie, IN 47306
(765)285-8102 1.3 10-12 321
- Muncie Inspire Academy - A School Of Inquiry Grades: K-8 | 196 students
2801 E 16th St
Muncie, IN 47302
(765)216-7980 1.4 K-8 196
Learn about recent legal rulings that are forcing homeschooled children into public classrooms, as well as the controversy surrounding these cases.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.