Murray Lake Elementary School serves 428 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Murray Lake Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Michigan state average of 36% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 428 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 6%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Murray Lake Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Murray Lake Elementary School's student population of 428 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Murray Lake Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,925 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Murray Lake Elementary School is 0.12, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#119 out of 2925 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Murray Lake Elementary School's ranking?
Murray Lake Elementary School is ranked #119 out of 2,925 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Michigan.
What schools are Murray Lake Elementary School often compared to?
Murray Lake Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Cherry Creek Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while 70-74% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Murray Lake Elementary School?
428 students attend Murray Lake Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
94% of Murray Lake Elementary School students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Hispanic, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Murray Lake Elementary School?
Murray Lake Elementary School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Murray Lake Elementary School offer ?
Murray Lake Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Murray Lake Elementary School part of?
Murray Lake Elementary School is part of Lowell Area Schools School District.
Review Murray Lake Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.