Narvie Harris Elementary School
- Narvie Harris Elementary School's student population of 864 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||864 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Narvie Harris Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#815 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DeKalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ellenwood Destiny Achievers Academy Of Excellence Grades: 9-12 | 195 students
3595 Linecrest Rd
Ellenwood, GA 30294
(404)328-0898 1.6 9-12 195
- Decatur Bob Mathis Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 408 students
3505 Boring Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
(678)874-5802 1.8 PK-5 408
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.