Nathan Twining Elementary School
- Nathan Twining Elementary School's student population of 212 students has grown by 247% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 157% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nathan Twining Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ND)|
|Overall School Rank||#140 out of 450 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Grand Forks 1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Emerado Emerado Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 109 students
501 Main St
Emerado, ND 58228
(701)594-5125 2.8 PK-8 109
- Manvel Manvel Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 177 students
801 Oldham Ave
Manvel, ND 58256
(701)696-2212 12.1 PK-8 177
- Larimore Larimore High School Grades: 7-12 | 174 students
300 Booth Ave
Larimore, ND 58251
(701)343-2366 12.4 7-12 174
- Larimore Larimore Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 208 students
700 Clark Ave
Larimore, ND 58251
(701)343-2249 12.5 PK-6 208
- Grand Forks Community Alternative High School Grades: 9-12 | 79 students
500 Stanford Road
Grand Forks, ND 58203
(701)795-2777 13.5 9-12 79
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.