Johnson Co Central Public Schs School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Johnson Co Central Public Schs School District serving 529 students in Tecumseh, Nebraska.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nebraska state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Johnson Co Central Public Schs School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tecumseh Johnson Co Central El-tecumseh358 N 6th
Tecumseh, NE 68450
Grades: PK-3 | 184 students
- Cook Johnson Co Central Elem-cook407 N 1st St
Cook, NE 68392
Grades: PK-5 | 80 students
- Tecumseh Johnson Co Central High School358 N 6th
Tecumseh, NE 68450
Grades: 9-12 | 159 students
- Cook Johnson Co Central Middle School407 N 1st St
Cook, NE 68392
Grades: 6-8 | 106 students
|School District Name||Johnson Co Central Public Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||449 students|
|# of Teachers||43 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||230 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||219 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||99 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||333 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||12 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||32|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||36|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Johnson Co Central Public Schs School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 246 school districts in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,190 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,679. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,446 is less than the state average of $15,460. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NE)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,190||$16,679|
|Spending / Student||$12,446||$15,460|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.